Friday, May 16, 2008

PERU MISSONS TRIP

Thursday - May 15:

I give UP! I just found out that today was busier and longer than the day before! Anyway, we finally got back to our “home in Lima” about 12:00 AM - 17 hours after we departed. It was a great day!

The students did a great job and I am happy with their energy level. As you can tell by Mikaela’s update. Today they worked! They cleaned and painted an 8 foot by 12 foot room. This room is on the roof of the pastor’s house and is used for children’s ministry – youth ministry and college class room. Now figure it out! They put 12 adults in that room for a class – with chairs and “what I do not know as desks”. Then last night they had 33 youth plus the five LTI students in there for a youth service. If I heard right they finally just came outside in an area not much larger for the service. SUPER JOB! Zac and Mikaela led worship for everyone prior to the youth going to their own service.

Marilyn and I remained with the remainder, about 40 or there abouts. The Lord was there also and we had a great service. They were VERY responsive and many raised their hands to testify of a healing in their body.

After many pictures, we almost had to force our way out to the van to begin the long trip back. O yes! McDonald’s again! Nothing else was open or would be quick enough. And – we were HUNGRY!

Pardon me if this one is short but I only laid on the bed for 3 hours last night because what I thought was going to be a time of just sharing with some pastors and their wives on Saturday, turned out to be a Seminar for Pastors and Wives and I had to get ready.

We leave here in just over one hour to begin our journey of the Andes Mountains to Huanuco. I am not sure if we will be able to update from there but check it out and you will discover the answer.

Thanks for your prayers.

Dr. D. L- Marilyn - Zac - Brian - Mikaela - Bethany - Lindsay

No comments: