Friday, July 10, 2009

AND THE WORD SPREADS!

The meeting with the ‘Fraternity of Fraternity of Pastors” (Confraternidad Peruana De Pastores Evangelicos – CONPPE) can best be explained in the terms of the speaker from the Peruvian Health Department as he spoke about the spread of “flu” when he said “it is passed from one to another” and that is what happened today.

We used our allotted time to share the vision and burden of Pacto De Vida. Then, because I had my computer and projector I found myself as the “media technician” and projected for several other speakers. It seemed strange for a North American to be serving the pastors of Peru. It was a “big” “ice-breaker” and produced much communication.

After the close of the meeting about 1:00 PM (it started at 9:00) Marco Aroni, our National Coordinator and Walter Villajuan, our regional coordinator from Ancon, were kept busy for 30 minutes answering questions and taking information from those pastors who were interested. And I had to find Jose Navarro, one of the officers of CONPPE to translate for me so I could assist others.

One pastor began his discussion with me by asking, “Have you been to or are you now working in Ecuador?” Of course my response was “No.” Then came the inevitable statement and invitation: “Will you come to Ecuador in January or February? If you will, I will set up a meeting with the pastors of the 25 Churches related to our Church and make introduction for you to the organization of 1,000 pastors.”

What do you say and do? Ecuador has the same law which requires pastors to have a degree and if they do not, the present government is doing all it can to shut the doors of those evangelical churches.

I hear Jesus saying, “Behold the fields! They are white unto harvest!” Why else would Satan be trying so hard to stop the voice of the evangelical pastors?

Here we stand, poised with the answer to the crisis and we did not even know about the crisis!

And then we return to my abode and get a call from a fellow North American who has been using ISOM materials (the same teachings we currently use for the first year and one half). He requests we come to his house for lunch on Saturday. He wants to discuss how we can work together to help the pastors who do not have the required education. He states he has been able to take 2,500 people through the first year of ISOM and wants a way to help them go further. We are the answer to “further!”

I was invited upstairs to speak to the local students. This is only their 3rd or 4th night of classes. Pastor Jorge introduced me to two young girls, not more than 20. He said that because of the money donated by Destiny International, St. Augustine, FL, pastor Donovan Tinsley, they are able to scholarship them. They are currently working with youth in a very poor area just outside Lima. Their faces were beaming with excitement! They are now able to attend Bible College!

Someone please give me a “handle to hold on to!” This is a bigger challenge than I had anticipated! And yet the results can impact the nation of Peru! We must meet the challenge!

I need you! I need your prayers! I need your involvement! I need a financial investment in this “Peru Challenge” to take it to the next level.

Thanks for your prayers!!!!!

Dr D

No comments: