Sunday, July 4, 2010

A GRUELING EXCITING DAY

Sunday, July 4th

The public ministry arm of this trip is over, but ministry continues.

The public section began this morning at The Lighthouse Center, Pastor Guzman. It is an Assemblies of God Filipino congregation that is “turned on” in worship and to the Word. For a while I was rubbing my eyes to be sure I was really in Brussels, Belgium and not back home at Life Church. The worship and the flow of the Holy Spirit was definitely reminding me of home.

Pastor Guzman did not tell me how to turn the service to him after I ministered the Word, but when I motioned for the worship team to come, he stepped forward and whispered in my ear, “You go ahead and do the altar service.”

That took a load off of me. During the worship time I had heard the voice of the Lord direct me to pray for the sick. I wanted to be sure that was the direction and when the Pastor spoke to me it was a confirmation. At that moment a release came. I will not be able to write all that happened but suffice it to say there was confirmation after confirmation that this service had all be orchestrated by God’s divine plan.

I had been encouraged to contact a couple of pastors to fill in the Sunday morning, but I just did not have a release to do it but when Missionary Bill Schwartz told me he had suggested me to Pastor Guzman, I knew instantly that I was to accept the invitation. It was a divine connection and an extension of the Kingdom of God.

Well you do have to eat and so we enjoyed a “Hector Chicken” lunch and hurried home to catch the 8:30 worship of Life Church on the internet and was able to participate in the first half of the sermon before departing for the evening and final service of the Belgian International Pentecostal Holiness Convention with Pastor Mauricio Salazar and representatives from two other congregations.

And so my day ended, with a great Greek Meal and fellowship in the evening sunlight at the Brussels’ Park, a couple of blocks from the stadium where the Tour-de-France climaxed for the day.

Now all that is left is spending personal time with the missionaries, pastors and friends on Monday. Yet this is often the most important time in this ministry God has opened for me to Pastors and Church leaders in the nations of the world.

Thanks again for your prayer,

Dr D

No comments: