Thursday, February 12, 2009

Thursday, February 12

SUMMER IS HERE (Not at home!)

Today has been a day of preparation for the youth retreat that began this evening. It is hard to be prepared before you arrive. Things seem to change. There seems to always be a new twist. More than not it is in your own perceived understanding of what your host desired. So you arrive with thoughts and then sit down to get prepared. And so I - we - have been doing this all day.

I will be sharing a three part series called: The Priorities of Love. I Love God. I Love Me. I Love You. It is based on Mark 12:28-31 and the scribe’s question to Jesus: “What is the greatest commandment?” Two of those are finished and the third is struggling.

And then in the middle of it all, we have to have two sessions with the youth over 20 and up to ??? (I really do not know except that they are single and want to shed that label.) Guess what the subject is? You are right if you said, “sex” – well it is a major issue due to the legalistic vs. the liberal points of view that these youth have been involved.

Our assignment is to bring them back to middle with Godly restraints to guide them. So PRAY - PRAY - PRAY!

So what more can I offer today, other than we have been busy on the computer. And wouldn’t you know it but my computer has a mind of its own! There must be something wrong with the keyboard – loose or ?. Because it will do all sorts of strange things. It will even begin to type in the small box, upper left, where it tells you the font you are using. Then it may just get mad and erase one who section if one is not careful. Frustrating to say the least!! I guess it doesn’t like getting old. It is forced to work sometimes 12-16 hours per day because its owner will not let it rest.

You can tell I do not have more to tell you, can’t you? Well, here is the END!

God bless,
Dr. D. & Marilyn

No comments: