Sunday, May 6, 2012

SUNDAY, MAY 6, 2012 - 10 HOURS

WORD OF LIFE - SUNDAY MORNING  
Blessing The Children
Dedicating Two Children
Blessing A Marriage
Bible Quiz
It was 10:25 AM when we walked downstairs to walk to Church, a distance of one mile.

Then it began! 11:00 - Worship, but I was notified that a couple had been married by the government officials and I was to “bless” their marriage, which was to include some remarks about their marriage commitment. That was after I blessed two children who were to be dedicated and that was after I blessed the Children before they departed the sanctuary for their Children’s Ministry....AND THEN....I could bring the message.

And so like any “instant in season” man of God, I did the tasks set before me, I mean, what else could I do. I was the “only” pastor there.

Now I was faced with another decision. Did I want to go get something to eat and then return to “watch” the "Brain Ring Game” scheduled to begin at 2:00 PM? It was now 1:20 and since I did not want to walk to a restaurant, walk back and watch until 4:00, then go preach another service at 5:00, I said I would rather just sit, watch and not eat. So it was settled. We did that. Four teams of youth and young adults were involved in a Bible quiz competition with all the “bells and whistles” that accompany such competition.

EXCEPT for one thing! The electricity went off! So we had competition anyway with out the “bells and whistles” replaced by hands and voices. They had a great time, I tried to doze, but when my head fell forward I snapped back to alert attention. Because of the electrical failure we ended about 3:00 and then took a cab to “Ephes” - a Greek restaurant for something to hold us over until after the 5:00 service.

I am certainly glad I ate some soup and salad, otherwise the 2 mile walk to our next service would have been a disaster on my energy level. But we made it and were greeted outside by an enthusiastic group of 20 year olds and ushered into the Church.  

EVENING: The Congregation of the Chernivtsi Assembly of God








Getting Wound-Up To Preach
They were a very lively group of Ukrainians and university students studying medicine from Ghana. Man did we have a service. I lost at least 40 years while preaching! No! I did not “act my age!” In fact, I know a couple of people whose names I will not mention but are descendants who probably would have had red faces, but we had a fantastic service as we motivated each other.

Starbucks was not there, but the coffee they handed me after the service was just as good and set the stage for some great fellowship regardless of the language barrier.

Then it was out to eat again, taken by our host, the administrator because the pastor was returning from Moscow and a pastor’s seminar.

And so, we returned at 8:30 – 10 hours later – exhausted, but feeling great. AND I WAS BLESSED with the presence of one of the ladies from the morning service was at the house visiting and because of her profession I received a great back massage with “sunflower oil”. So a hot shower to get rid of oil treatment and I am ready to “crash” just as soon as I finish this and post it.

God bless, and thanks for the prayers,
Dr D

No comments: