Saturday, June 8, 2013

UKRAINE MINISTRY BLOG 19 - LOCATION: Khmelnitisky - Return for Unfinished Assignment

A "Lighter" Moment in a Wedding Yesterday

Surrounded by the Beauty of the Kudin Ladies: Karina, Kristina and Sveta
Some “Assignments” from God do not lend themselves to a lot of words for “Blogs.”  And this is one of those.  But my return here is to complete the work I began with the Elders and Pastoral Staff of Dawn of Life, pastored by Valentyna and Franz Melnyk and with their Assistant Pastor, Rostic Kudin, whom many of you met when he was at Life Church a two or three years ago.

We are working our way through the restructuring of their leadership in preparation for the growth of the Church.  Dawn of Life has been in a plateau and desire to move forward but recognized they needed help to re-do their present leadership format.  So we have spent “hours after hours in meetings” looking at their present “flow chart” to establish one that will grow with them as more people are added to their congregation.

Now that you have that understanding you will recognize that for me to fill in all the long details, you would be bored.  So I SAVED YOU from those details.  Now you know I am still alive – well barely and finding the end of my endurance like never before.  Yet, a very pleasant “satisfaction” and “peace” hoover, knowing, witnessing the new unity in their Leadership as we have worked our way through a maze of very difficult areas for them.

Although I did not return to minister the Word from the pulpit, the Word has been extended through the “work sessions” to assist them in preparing a biblical pattern for growth and expansion of their leadership team.  But Sunday I will go to a Dawn of Life Daughter Church in Starokonstantinov to encourage that Body of Believers and pastor after having been “raided” by unscrupulous people and causing many to leave the Church.

Today I rest!  (I hope!)  But as always on the Mission Fields of the World, the “unexpected” seems to be a course of life.  So I will just “go with the flow” which may develop and permit the Holy Spirit to continue to lead the way.

God bless and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: