Sunday, April 27, 2008

DAY 12 - Sunday: In Chernivtsi

Today I celebrated my Second Easter this year! It was a great day!

I shared a message I call, “It Is Finished!” The message tells how long it takes for someone to die on the cross with the emphasis upon the fact, which all the Gospel writers agree, that Jesus was not killed by the crucifixion, but rather He gave up His spirit – He dismissed Himself from His own body! He had victory all through the crucifixion. That is why you and I can have victory. The best thing is that God showed up and miracles took place.

Pastor Alexander Pinchuk came to me before the service and pointed out one lady saying, “She came to me and asked to have you pray for the sick. She was healed of a bad heart the last time you were here.” So after sharing the Word and leading in the Lord’s Supper I called for those who were sick to come. I do not know how many came - 20-15. I just layed hands on them and prayed and not taking a long time due to the lateness of the hour and knowing that many were headed to be with family as soon as the service was over. Before I turned the service back to the Pastor, I asked if the person who had pain in the stomach was healed. I didn’t know who, I just know what God told me. Immediately the person raised their hand. I asked about the person who had the pain in their leg. Another hand went up and the person testified. One lady raised her hand and said that she had severe pain in her kidneys and back but it was gone. I asked for all those who knew God had healed them to raise their hands. It was unbelievable as more raised their hands than had come forward for prayer. God had moved through the congregation in response to their faith.

As I was leaving I stopped to greet a young man I met the first time I came to Chernivtsi. He was now married and with his wife. After hugging him, Oksana pointed out a baby to me and said, "There is their baby. Your prayed for them to have a child."

I had forgotten but God had answered their prayer. Isn't He BIG?

The afternoon was spent in fellowship, without a picnic, at Vika’s house with a couple who were going to be alone that day. While we were there Pastor Pavlenko called and told me the man we had arranged to meet with his wife and pray for her because she had not been able to sleep for days except for one 2-3 hour period called to tell him she had slept all night for the first time in weeks.

That was the focus of our prayer as we took authority over the spirit that was tormenting her. The doctors had not been able to find anything wrong with her so we knew it was a spirit behind her problem. God is the author of victory even if you meet someone along a street and pray for them.

The evening was spent in fellowship with Andre and Inna Gubin. Andre had been our driver on many occasions when we were traveling in Ukraine. It was a joy to see how they were going forward in the Lord and to hear them share what was happening in their lives.

I “finished off” the evening by asking my hosts to take me to find some eating establishment to eat a snack. Guess what! On Easter EVERYONE closes down shop and goes to the villages to be with relatives – tradition reigns here! This town was dead all day and even this evening. We walked 10 blocks one way, turned around walked back and another 5 blocks to the supermarket and bought some prepared food, took it back “home” and had our own catered party.

So now I am full and wondering how I am going to sleep tonight. But I feel satisfied! (Tums for the tummy!)

Tomorrow it is wrap up time. I have a couple of appointments with friends I have not been able to see and will teach at the cell group which meets here on Monday (it met last week on Wednesday because I was arriving).

Talk to you later,Dr. D.

No comments: