Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Day 14 - Tuesday: Back In Kiev

Today was enjoyable and also sad. I had to leave behind some lovely people and will not see them again until sometime around October. They are hungry for God and eager to learn. They insist that I adjust my fall schedule to come and be with them so I can continue to give them direction as they move forward with their new Churches.

We departed at noon to drive three hours to Khmelnitsky where I was to catch my train back to Kiev. The trip was without incident. AND my mind clicked into gear! We wanted to get something to eat before they took me to the train station so I told them about a cafeteria where I had enjoyed eating on several occasions. I remembered the way! Well, anyway I got the driver to within two blocks where we parked. We would have had to park and walk anyway because the street is closed off for pedestrian traffic. So with one question to request directions to the “Goose” we were on our way to a good Ukrainian meal.

I wish I could describe the food so that you would be able to taste it. It is different and if you know what to get then you do not have any problems. I stay away from boiled liver and several other dishes. Today I wanted salmon, but the two men with us got it before I did and there wasn't any left so I satisfied myself with “pounded chicken white meat” covered in a batter made of eggs.

The ride was good and I was able to complete 8 of 10 chapters of a book I had with me plus get a 45 minute nap. This time I had the room (3 seat coupe) all to my self so I did not have to worry about snoring. Me? Snore! YES! Sitting up, lying down and in any position while lying down. So if you travel with me sometime bring your ear plugs.

Eugene met me at the station and in a short time we were back to my Kiev home and a snack before retiring.

Now I have two days to complete all necessary work with the college and then to fly home.

Dr. D.

No comments: