Wednesday, May 27, 2009

LTI – IMPRESSIONS AND THOUGHTS

Katie: The trip has been great so far! We have had lots of opportunities to go to schools with over 200 kids. We had the opportunity yesterday to speak at an old peoples home...we gave our testimonies and an encouraging word, they greatly appreciated us coming and sharing with them. The food has been great as well. Pastor Alfredo’s sister cooked typical food for us last night...it was very good. We even got to go to this gorgeous hotel on the beach and walked around the lobby and take pictures! The trip has been very productive and filled with a lot of laughs and fun times!

Cody: Well it being my first time on a missions trip and being out of the Country and it has been a good experience so far. I have had the opportunity to speak at an old peoples home which was very interesting. We did our Dramas at the church and they seemed to really like it and I wasn’t nervous at all. The food has been really good! I have to say we have been really blessed with the food on this trip compared to others I have heard. Pastor Alfredo’s sister cooked typical food for us last night! It was really good. The trip has been lots of work and tiring but really good. The country in some places is really pretty all the mountains and everything. This trip has been a very productive trip and lots of fun and ministry. And I have enjoyed it so far.

Lindsay: This trip and the team are doing amazing. Compared to Peru, even though we really didn’t find out want they had planned fo us to do until we got here, I think this team is more prepared and organized. The people here are very encouraging and welcoming of what we have to share with them. And I am proud to be apart of such a fun and hard working group of students. This team is in my opinion much better than the group I went with last year. I look forward to everything else that is planned for us here in Honduras.

Stacie: Wow; it seems to be my word of the year. This trip has been amazing and I’m so glad that I got the opportunity to come to Honduras. The culture here is very different and I love having the opportunity to be adventurous and try new foods. We’ve been pretty busy the past couple of days and enjoying every waking moment. The kids are very responsive and I can tell we’re planting seeds. There’s always one kid out of the hundreds that comes up to me and melts my heart. It’s definitely different waking up and seeing mountains all around us. It’s been nice and sunny and we’ve been blessed with the air conditioning working in Pastor Alfredo’s house. Speaking of him, I know that I miss him being around with us; especially his laugh. I cannot wait to share all of my pictures with everyone. Now I’m getting a brain fart and cannot think of anything else to write for now. We’re getting ready to go find some food. Adios!

No comments: