Saturday, May 22, 2010

PENTECOST IN A MESSIANIC JEWISH CONGREGATION (Saturday, May 22nd)

An unexpected/expected invitation took me to a Messianic Jewish Congregation this morning. It was the result of Marilyn counseling with the pastor, Inna Rekhlo from House of Joy on Friday. I had sent notice to her that I would be in Chernivtsi, but she failed to get the email. However on her calendar she had placed the notice “Special Guest Speaker on May 22nd.” At least God knew and had made notice of it in writing.

House of Joy is just that – a “House of Joy” when it comes to worship with a Jewish flavor. And since it was the time of the Feast of Pentecost I ministered on “The Feast of Pentecost,” using the Old Testament instructions from Leviticus on how Israel was to celebrate it and the prophetical aspects as they related to the New Testament Church today. If I may say so (and you are not here to tell me I can’t) it was an “excellent teaching” recalling for them their heritage and set it in perspective for them today.

AND I did it with my “kipa” (translated from the Russian word for it) – that is my special “skull cap” given to me by the pastor’s husband. But there was one problem! How do you keep it on your head when you can not use a bobby pen to fix it to your hair? I mean there isn’t any hair to pen it to! I needed a special “suction cup” fastened to the inside of it and then stuck on my head! It must have been the will of God for me to wear it because it actually stayed on my had during the entire message. “CHUDA!” (Russian for “miracle.”)

Under the direction of the Holy Spirit I was led to speak a word of knowledge to a lady who had been under great stress for several days and was weeping a night under the pressure of the situation. I noticed one lady in particular of the four that raise their hands. I knew which one God was talking about. But little did I know that she was the lady the pastor had requested for Marilyn to meet after the service at the restaurant and counsel. God had put it all together and set her up for the time with Marilyn.

We concluded our day with a dinner engagement (for you who use the term “supper” to refer to the evening meal) I will change and use the term “supper” engagement with Pastor Dima Nemchenko, his wife Natasha and Pastor Vitaliy and Ira Pavlenko. It all began about 5:00 and ended when we returned at 11:00. In reality it was an Apostolic meeting over a meal. The food was great and the opportunity to speak into their lives and give direction for the Church was precious. It seemed like I was speaking to four “sponges” (Not “Sponge Bobs” – that’s TV land) as they soaked up every word from both of us.

It is times like this which give you the realization of how your words and instructions impact lives and can impact generations. Serving God is GREAT!

Now it is time to “lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord, my soul to keep” (you prayer your prayer and I’ll pray mine!).........ZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz - See you when I wake up..........

Love and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D and Marilyn

No comments: