Thursday, May 20, 2010

Thursday May 20th Is Over

This was a hard day for both of us. Marilyn is improving with her sore throat, cough and infection. For me it was a rough day trying to get over not sleeping last night and having to do without eating anything to allow my stomach to get back in to shape (if you know what I mean) but this was a double whammy. Something I ate kept my stomach in an uproar with indigestion plus! But with the help of some Ukrainian “Special Grass Tea” I have weathered the fight and look forward to tomorrow and being able to eat something again.

We had a service this evening at Word of Life. There is some false teaching going around here regarding the “law and grace” so I laid some scriptural foundation to combat the heresy In fact one pastor is teaching that God is bringing divorce to families so he can get the people together with the right people - He is “healing” families! All of this under the guise of “grace” plus other additions to make it palatable for the people to swallow – and many are!

To sum up this trip to this point – we have had victories through struggles, physical and spiritual. But God is good and it is a pleasure to see God at work in the lives of these people. During the worship tonight I broke with the thought, “God, why have you allowed me to have this impact on the lives of these sweet people.” I must say, it is humbling and as well carries a tremendous responsibility.

I must hit the sack – of course after checking the emails and sending those Marilyn is about to write.

Thanks for your prayers and God bless,

Dr D & Marilyn

No comments: