Sunday, September 30, 2012

PERU: “SERVING CONTINUES” AT FULL SPEED AHEAD!

Sunday, September 23rd:
We concluded our ministry at Iglesia Centro Cristiano De Avivamiento with Pastor Gustavo & Jenny Rodriquez on Sunday morning and experienced a fabulous worship service and saw the numerical growth was forcing them to find new facilities and because the building owners had taken away their usage of rooms for their children.  But to accomplish this in Lima requires a lot from the people as well as the Hand of God to open new and better facilities.  So remember them in your prayers.

Sunday evening I head out to Ventanilla to minister at Christ is the Lord A/G, pastored by David Olaya.  The building will hold about 100 comfortably but they packed in approximately 150, but some had to sit outside the front doors.  Another great time with God’s people and a door opening for Universidad Pacto de Vida.  And an “arm twisting” by the pastor to promise to return to them on my next visit, not only to serve, but to “eat a feast of typical Peruvian food”.  Now that is what I call an INVITATION!”

I cannot remember a day when I served two churches that pulled everything out of me.  I have had at least one do that, but not two.  I went home totally exhausted and fell into bed, very glad that Monday and Tuesday were rest days – well at least no scheduled services.  Why?  Because every day is a day of serving in some way and Monday was no exception.

Monday - Tuesday, September 24th, 25th:
I did get “some rest” on Monday even though we went back to Jicamarca to see David and Ceci and make some last minute notes in preparation for the Life Church Team scheduled in May of next year.  And to assist David with some planning for other potential teams as well as areas in which he requested assistance to help the Church to continue to go forward.

Tuesday was “Good-by to Marilyn” by taking her to the airport for her return to Ft. Myers.  Then I went back to my “home” and crashed for the rest of the day.

Wednesday, September 26th:
Puente Piedra was my destination to serve Communidad Cristiana La Vina (Vineyard Christian Community), Guillermo & Lisset Sifuentes, pastors.  They are training some “youth” above 18 years of age to be leaders and so we sat down (a welcome position) and challenged to from the Word about some basic requirements for leadership.

Thursday, September 27th:
To the Rimac region of Lima to be with Pastor Carlos and Jessica Monzon at Iglesia El Comino.  They have an extension of Universidad Pacto de Vida and begin their third division of the first year next week.  The Word was directed to them as leaders.  What can I say: Another good time with loving people of God.

Friday, September 28th:
Independencia, beckons again this trip and I was with Pastor Jorge and — Alva at Iglesia Cristiana El Camino.  The service was a meeting of a Fraternity of Pastors in this area of Independencia.  Ten pastors were there along with some of their congregation.  It was definitely a unique time.  The unity between the the pastors is fabulous.  They meet twice a month just to pray together and share what is happing in their church and community --- AND — they also share their needs and problems openly.  This was definitely evident at the meal and fellowship afterwards.  You could see their love for one-another.  You know: I call that BEING A CHRISTIAN!  I wonder what would happen if that the norm for every area in every city.  Do you think you might just a great move of God take place?  My only problem was the full chicken meal at 11:00 PM and trying to go home and sleep and be ready for three hours of teaching on Saturday.

Saturday, September 29th:
Back to Iglesia Centro Cristiano De Avivamiento with Pastor Gustavo & Jenny Rodriquez for a Youth Seminar, ages 16-30.  I know!  It has been quite a while since I was a youth pastor, but I do remember being a youth and I do think I can still relate when it comes to presenting the Word.  The focus was on the Questions: Dating? Sex?  The answer: Y.E.S! - Youth Education Seminar.  How did I do?  According to the Facebook comments - I passed!  I will let the final score come from them.  But I will say, there were several times when there where no sounds in the room.  I mean what do you say when the “Old Man” is talking about sex?  And in a straight forward “lay it out like it is language” when youth fail to follow biblical standards and parental and pastoral guidelines.

Sunday, September 30th: Another BIG day!
In the morning I was with Pastor Jorge and Janine Watanabe, pastors in Elio at Iglesia Pentecostal de Santidad (The Pentecostal Holiness Church).  Pastor Watanabe is also the Superintendent of the IPHC in Peru.

What about the sermon?  Well I presented what God directed.  It was confirmed by several people to be right on target.  So we will leave it at that and move on to their Coffee House where we gathered afterwards for a lunch.  You Facebook Friends can see the pictures.

Then it was a quick nap and on to the 6:00 service at Christ Is The Way A/G led by Pastor Panfilo.  I am sorry but no one has provided me with his first name or that of his wife.  Their warmth and reception of the Word was delightful and the Peruvian Donuts afterwards were “delicious”.  In case you are not aware that in Peru you eat your donuts in the evening sometime after 5:30 pm.  Sweets are not for breakfast.  But as I ate them I wished for them to be available in the morning with my cup of Starbucks coffee!

O yes!  Seven of their congregation are graduates of the first year of Universidad Pacto de Vida.

And now I am on the downward spiral.  Just over one week and back into the air.  And I have Monday through Thursday FREE!  Well, that is, no services, but meetings with several pastors for fellowship and dispensing of answers to questions - so the days are not entirely “free”.

God bless and thanks again for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: