Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Sunday, September 16thPERU – MOVING  ON IN THIS JOURNEY:
It is amazing how the days here seem to be different from home.  I guess it is because of the different time schedule for Church services.  And today began typically of many other Sundays overseas.  You wake up slowly, get your self together and begin to function (I think that is what I did!!).  Anyway we departed at 10:40 AM for a service with Pastor Agustin and Jessica Ciccia at New Strength (Nuevas Fuerzas). 

I knew what my assignment was even before packing for this trip:  Minister on the Biblical Evidence for the Baptism In The Holy Spirit.  And I carried out that assignment, resulting in 4-5 receiving and testifying to their experience because they “heard” their voice speaking in a language they did not know.  Another 4-5 were re-filled after having forsake their previous experience.  There were another 7-8 at the altar and I do not personally know about their experience, but I can say they were “hungry and thirsty” and I know God will answer their thirst.

We finally got to the restaurant about 3:00 and had to rush to finish our meal.  Pastor Agustin and I left the rest sitting at the table and walked eight blocks to his house to meet Marco Aaron and head out for a 5:00 PM service in Independencia at Communiblica Vision Celestial - Pastor Rolando Martinzez.   Vision Celestial is one of the Churches involved in Universidad Pacto de Vida (Covenant Life University).

Then it was back to Ciccia home to await Marilyn.  Where was she?  She was attending her first Peruvian Wedding Shower.  We had committed to attend the wedding, but our schedule had changed prior to leaving for Peru, and so we had to inform her we would not be there, so this was a replacement.  She is a doctor, marrying a Doctor – you know: Doctor to Doctor!

It was 8:00 PM when I finally got back to the Ciccia home and I was ready for my bed, but it was still another 30 minutes away.  Now this shower was to start at 5:00 PM.  It was now 3 hours later and it had just really got started.  No food, no fun – you ladies know all about that stuff – and guys we do not even want to hear any more so I will stop.  BUT!  I could see that it was going to be a late night. 

So with great patience I made a call to Marilyn.  That was after Pastor Agustin made one.  Then after mine he called his wife again.  I received notice to pick Marilyn up about 9:30 PM.  Reluctantly I obeyed.  (Honestly it was with enthusiasm!)  I WILL NEVER DO IT AGAIN!  WHY?  SHE DID NOT GET TO EAT THE SPECIAL CUPCAKES OR ANY CAKE!

Guys do you know – are you aware of the MISTAKE I made?  I am alive but I am paying for it!  (LOL).

Monday, September 17th:
A day to relax?  Yes and No!  David and Ceci came by to discuss some pending plans and so we spent the day discussing, going out for pizza and then a supper meeting with a new couple who have started attending their church in Jicamarca, even though they live in the area of Brena (I know!  This means nothing to you from North America).  Anyway both husband and wife are involved in the investigative department of the Peruvian law department, similar to the District Attorney’s office in the US.  The wife had attended the Ladies Retreat Marilyn hosted in March of this year.

Then it was back to the Falcon residence to find my “nest” but that was after a stop at Metro for some late night desert – an attempt to replace the Wedding Shower disappointment for my wife.  She was satisfied, for the moment and I, well it was too rich and I paid for it again.  I wonder: Did she know that would happen?  Did she plot this to get even?  Naw!  She would not do that, would she?  I will never know.

Tuesday, September 19th:
A day of rest and preparation for beginning a three evening teaching for  Principe de Paz - Pastor Gilberto & Doris Varillas – “Congress of Marriage” in Independencia Wednesday through Friday.

So will I rest, I will let you rest. 

God bless and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D & Marilyn

No comments: