Monday, October 20, 2008

Monday, October 20

All good things must come to a close and this trip has been good and is coming to a close. I’ve finished everything I need to do except had a final few words with Eugene.
I’ve made the necessary and important last minute phone calls to special friends to say, “Goodbye, see you next trip.” I’ve sent some text messages to others to encourage them. I have completed packing all that I can pack until morning.
I've taken my stomach on a special trip to allow it to indulge in American food -- TGI-Fridays! However, I treated it with gentleness and only ate a chicken, BLT with fries and an appetizer of onion rings and a diet coke (two times). Well, you know, I must get it started on eating American food. In reality, when I start thinking about packing and going home, my stomach always puts in its request and I honor that request. I mean what else can you do -- what would you do?
So what else can I say? It is all over but crawling into the seat of the airplane and trying to get comfortable for 13 or 14 hours of air time. Just a word to Northwest Airlines: YOU BETTER HAVE MY AISLE SEAT AND NO ONE NEXT TO ME!
Flying in the middle of the week normally provides me more opportunity to have a vacant seat beside me which certainly allows for a more comfortable flight.
So until I see you all face to face or see you via the blog – God bless and keep you.
I am going to try to keep some information posted in the blog in-between trips about what is happening in missions – so keep checking and I’ll do my best to keep writing.
Thanks for reading and praying.
God bless,
Dr. D.

No comments: