Monday, November 23, 2009

REPORTING ON THE LAST TWO DAYS

Sunday, November 22:

The past 48 hours have been a whirlwind of activity! I have preached twice, traveled to Chernivtsi and back, made arrangements for an Idea Exchange for Pastors in Ukraine, counseled a pastor, and wept with another.

Sunday morning I was privileged to minister the Word at Abundant Life. It was a great service from the first chorus of worship through the salvation of a guest at the conclusion. In-between somewhere I delivered a my heart and the congregation’s response to the revelation they personally received from God was awesome to witness. Forget the preacher! The response of the people to the Word is what I am pointing you toward. Sometimes you “know” when the Word has penetrated their hearts. The message the Lord directed me with was confirmed immediately after the worship time and before I had opportunity to deliver it. A lady who led the congregation in prayer exhorted and prayed some of the key thoughts of my message and I knew I had heard from heaven. And — Heaven Came Down!

I was taken back to the house of my host and had opportunity to eat a quick few bites before I was to leave for the airport and stop to pray with Vadim and Inna – and I spent 30 minutes of intense prayer and worship with them before heading to catch my plane. The flight was only one hour and I was met by my Ukrainian Secretary/Interpreter taken to her flat, got to relax for 15 minutes and then walked 20 minutes to the location for the evening service with Way of Life Church and ministering the Word again.

After the service (it was great also as was the response) I spent three hours of fellowship with Tolik and Oksana (secretary/interpreter) and a couple for the Church with whom I was privileged last spring to spend a couple of days with at their hotel on the northwest coast of Crimea. They have extended me the opportunity of inviting pastors and wives with whom I have a relationship in Ukraine to come and stay for 3-4 days at their hotel on the Black Sea – free room and they only have to assist with a minimal fee for the food.

It is their desire to “invest in the kingdom of God through His servants in Ukraine.” WOW! What a novel idea! And then there is a special twist added to it – well not really a twist but a special invitation for Marilyn and I to spend the next week on vacation without any expense as their guests! That sounds too good to turn down! Not for me as much as for the pastors with whom I labor in Ukraine.

Monday, November 23

I crash about 1:30-2:00 AM and hear the phone ringing at 5:00. I can tell from the sounds it is Vadim and the next words I hear rip me apart: “Inna has just passed away!” I respond by praying with him and then tell him I will change me ticket and return on Monday.

Unfortunately there isn’t the same travel agent in Chernivtsi as in Kiev and so I am forced to purchase a one-way ticket for only 165 Hryvna (pronounced - grevna) that is less about $20 less than a round-trip. It also means that I will probably not be able to get any refund on the unused portion. But ministry to Vadim and the boys is more important than the money.

I will skip the emotional struggle I went through when I walked into Vadim’s apartment and greeted him.

The funeral will be on Wednesday morning and I ask you please keep Vadim and his boys in prayer. I will be involved in some way but I am not sure how as of tonight.

I have no answers as to “Why Lord?” However I do know Jesus Christ is Lord. I know God doesn’t make any mistakes! He is still God!

Thank you for your response to the appeal for finances so I could be here to support Vadim and his family.

God bless you for you prayers.

Dr D.

No comments: