Tuesday, October 26, 2010

FINALLY - MY BONES AND MUSCLES ARE STARTING TO RELAX!

Tuesday, October 26th

It is “all over” except for the final visit and packing procedure and two trips to the Lima Airport! I can hardly believe it!

SEVEN WEEKS OF...
...Peruvian food...even the hot sauces (GREAT!!! as Tony the Tiger would roar!)
...The Spanish language salted with English here and there...
...Great fellowship with the believers here...
...Success in doing video classes for Covenant Life University or Universidad Pacto de Vida...
...Unbelievable traffic...
...Cold weather too cold for this Floridian...

Two weeks with my Wife and two grandchildren (and you can capitalize the letters - GRAND...) because they have been great – except when thy INSISTED I wear their special designed “crown” with the title, “King of Starbucks” into the Starbucks Store in Larcomar on the beach here in Lima. You should have seen the reaction of the staff when they finally realized the words. One disappeared for a couple of seconds and returned with an iPhone and took my picture and then handed it to another employee standing just around the corner, but looking around the corner to risk a “glimpse” of the North American with the crown! Anyway, they were happy so .... AND it made Facebook! The only disappointing part was that I still had to pay for my own Frappuccino. RATS!

We departed from Jicamarca and the Hodges this morning about 10:00 so the two, Allyson and David, could complete their shopping experience. Then we succumbed to Allyson’s desire for eat chicken from Pardo’s. Why? Because she fell in love with their “hot sauce” which comes with the chicken, fries and either vegetables or salad. When I say “fell in love,”I mean she ate more hot sauce than I have ever seen her eat at any time. How much was that? Well, she almost equaled me! And that is doing something! And of course, David was not lacking in either desire for Pardo’s but was not as “hooked” on it as Allyson.

Then we headed back here to my “home away from home” here in Peru, for the final night before taking them to the airport about 6:30 AM. I have the rest of the day until about 9:00 PM before I stand in line to deposit my luggage, get my seating assignment and head upstairs for the departure lounge and lift-off at 12:26 AM Thursday with landing in Miami and a drive on to Ft. Myers.

Monday was spent doing some last minute planning, getting prices and trying to assist David in preparing for the arrival of another construction team in April. They requested the facts and figures for completing the interrior of the Church so they could determine what they would be doing and the cost for their selection of work. You know the amount of drywall, the needed lumber, wiring and accessories and all that “stuff.”

O yes! Sunday evening we did minister the Word and then “flop down” on a chair with exhaustion! It was a busy day but a good one.

Well that should about complete the information available and wrap up this ministry trip. I LOVE IT! And everything about it! Just think, I am affecting a nation for Christ!

God bless,
Dr D with Marilyn, Allyson and David

No comments: