Saturday, October 9, 2010

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! VIDEO PROJECT!

Wednesday, October 6th - Saturday, October 9th:

Victory! We almost completed everything I originally desired to get on video, except two sections which I now see should not have been part of the class and will be expanded and made into two separate courses.

The time from Wednesday through Friday were hectic! They required much editing of the material and re-editing of the Spanish to get it correct for the PowerPoint which was an integral part of the video work. In fact one section does not have either the interpreter or me on screen. The only thing on screen are the maps of the Old Testament World, the land of Israel, and the New Testament World with Paul’s journeys.

It was as different approach but one I believe will add to the course called: The Development, Scope and Study of the Bible. Anyway, that is my OPINION! And since I am the author, the director and the PRESIDENT – who is going to argue with me? Can I help it if I believe I am right? Anyway we have 21 hours of video for this course. Now to write the lesson plans, the assignments and the exams.

Fortunately, several people have stepped forward to translate into Peruvian Spanish any material I will need. They need to translate 240 pages each for a college course in English, so why not translate something that will benefit the kingdom. They are “sowing” into the Kingdom of God. So, I will leave several outlines of material I want translated here for them to get ready for the future.

And today, well I have just relaxed – almost – but I sure wish I could see some college football and hear the commentators in English. I can see at least one game and I just remembered it is on right now so if you notice a pause, you will understand – Florida State vs. Miami.

WOW! Florida State is ahead 24-7 and it is only the second quarter. I wonder how Florida did today? Does anyone know? I have lost track of the won - lost of all Florida teams.

Well, I did go downtown to meet David Hodges so we could ride with him to Jicamarca, eat supper with them and return back with the van. I have two assignments tomorrow. The first is at Iglesia Centro Christiano De Avivamiento, pastored by Gustavo and Jenny Rodriquez and then at Ancon, Comunidad Carismatica Cristiana Cristo Sanador for a first year graduation with pastor Evert Ipanaque. This will be our largest graduation to date here in Peru with 21 students having completed their first year of studies.

Then two days of preparation for Marilyn, Allyson and David and their arrival Tuesday evening at 9:00. You know, food, water, and some medications for emergencies for now and future trips.

Thanks for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: