Saturday, October 2, 2010

TAKING A “BREATHER”

Tuesday, September 27th - Saturday, October 2nd:

OOOPPPSSS! I did not think it had been so long since I “blogged” but it was, so here I am! And I am glad you are glad! (I said that in “faith!”)

Anyway this has been another week of ups and downs. Agustin’s wife, Jessica, was sick on Tuesday and Thursday and he had to stay home and be the nurse as well as take care of their three children - you know the routine - feed, bathe, get off to school and get them home again. So “two” days of working in my studio came to a halt.

But Pastor Gustavo Rodriquez did make it for two days and we were able to record five sessions - hours - as well as do some more proofing of the Spanish . And it was needed. We even had to go back and do some special “cuts” to insert later because of errors on the PowerPoint as well as a couple of scriptures which in the English were correct but translated differently in Spanish and so when I did my expository dissertation on the passage it was incorrect but correct (Figure that one out!).

I am currently at the home of Dr. Roger and Magaly Falcon with their daughter, Abigail who is 19 months old now and can be very entertaining. They had contacted me and insisted that I spend a couple of days at their apartment. So here I am.

We chose this weekend because it is election weekend here. On Sunday no one can have any church services and businesses are to be closed to facilitate the election process. As well, no alcoholic beverages can be sold from Friday evening till Monday. It is to keep the potential of violence down.

So, since I went to service on Friday evening with them, I, we are now on a holiday weekend. And since I only brought “part” of my work with me, I will be forced to do some relaxing.

This afternoon Roger took me to see a relative of his who raises and trains the Spanish dancing horses. Their “stable” and “bunkhouse” is fabulous and is located in a very secure area just outside the main metropolis of Lima. We were fortunate as his cousin was there and we were able to get up close with horses that are valued at $10,000 each (they had 10 there and 50 more at a different location– the “ranch”). The uncle, the father of the cousin, is famous for his riding skills and the horses he has raised and trained. It was “very” interesting and I got some great shots of some of them in action.

Well, that about brings you up to date on my activities this week. Over-all it was productive but not as productive as I wanted or needed it to be. However, I believe we will still be able to complete the desired classes before departing Peru. And several have stepped forward to volunteer to translate other material for video production later.

So, God bless and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: