Sunday, August 21, 2011

AND NOW THE NEWS FROM PERU

Reporting now from Elio, Lima, Peru is your Biblical Reporter Dr D.

The last time I reported, I was telling you about the upcoming visit to Nuevas Fuerzas where Agustin and Jessia Ciccia pastor. At that time Marilyn was still here. The purpose of returning there was to spend the evening assisting in launching the new Church leadership team. If you remember, we had laid hands on Daniel Vargas ordaining him to the ministry to assist the Ciccias and also on his brother, Miguel and his wife Paola, setting them apart as Deacons.

So we took time to impart to the team biblical concepts of Church leadership speaking to them on such subjects as integrity, loyalty, team communication, levels of authority and other tid-bits of information from our experience leading churches. It was a joyful experience and the receptivity was fabulous.

From there we arrived back at the Falcons and Marilyn completed the last minute packing. I did what I could to assist – actually – I stayed out of the way, except to go online and check her in for the very early morning flight. The requirements of that flight pulled us out of bed at 3:00 AM, just over two and one-half hours after laying our heads on the bed. But it was worth it!

We arrived at the Lima airport and were 5th in line and since we had pre-checked online we had an open check-in and were completed by 4:45 – just 5 minutes after they opened for business at Copa. That gave us time to eat some donuts from Dunkin and drink some coffee together before she headed through security and to her gate.

Marco and I were back to the Falcon residence and had crawled back into bed by 6:00 AM. But “IF” you understand the potential impact of coffee then you know, there was little sleep ahead. Right On! But I survived and after getting my laundry done – again – actually I did not do it, but the girl who takes care of Abigail, the Faclon’s daughter did it for me while I packed.

It was a special treat to stay with Dr Roger and Magaly Falcon for the week. They are just “special” people and Marilyn and I love them dearly. God has His hand and call upon their lives. “I” believe the mission field of Peru will one day be their home and field of ministy.

I moved to the home of Dan and Brenda Clowers, the Overseas Missions Director for the Latin America-Carribean region of the International Pentecostal Holiness Church which is on the second floor of the IPHC headquarters and Church, Iglesia Pentecostal de Santidad.

And let me tell you I AM BLESSED to be able to stay here! The apartment is great! Quiet! Private! Has WiFi! A Hot Shower! And right now all mine. Dan and Brenda are in the states itinerating. Thanks Dan and Brenda!

Saturday evening I was once again back to Nuevas Fuerzas for their “youth” meeting. When referring to “youth” here in Peru, you may be talking about youth from 16/18 to 35. This meeting had 33 of the older age group only. But these have a history with Agustin and Jessica spanning back to the time he worked under his mother. They have matured and are building stones for the Church now.

Sunday, that is today, I ministered here this morning at Iglesia Pentecostal de Santidad, pastored by Jorge and Janine Watanabe. He is the leader of the IPHC here in Peru. Then we traveled across Lima to the area knows as Independencia to preach for Rolando Martinez and the congregation at Commnidad Biblica Vision Celestial. The Life Training Institute (LTI) students did ministry here in May. We also have an extension of Covenant Life University (Universidad Pacto de Vida) there. So their “President” came to share the word. (That’s me!)

And now I am back in the safety of my Peruvian Retreat Center! I got back here at 7:30 and I have fixed myself a gourmet meal: Starbucks Coffee filled with “medicine” [fiber] and French Vanilla Coffee Mate; a Peruvian bread (Pan) covered with Crunchy Peanut Butter and strawberry jelly; and a main course of Strawberry Yogurt poured over Granola Cereal. Sounds good, doesn’t it? It fills the stomach!

I must rise early tomorrow and begin a full day of travel with David Hodges. We are driving up to Chincha to visit Pastor Honorato Martinez and daughter. Maria Ysabel Martinez is licensed and ordained by Life Church, so I need to visit here and take her the tithe from the income of Pacto de Vida. Even though we really do not get enough to underwrite all the expenses here, we tithe on the portion we do receive from each extension. Maria has a Church there in Chincha, separate from that of her father and several years ago requested to be under our spiritual authority. She is one of us “Life-Churchers!”

So it is time to stop, do some book work and then hit the sack earlier that I did this morning – yes I said, “this morning.”

God bless and continue to pray,

Dr D

No comments: