Wednesday, August 17, 2011

NO I HAVE NOT BEEN KIDNAPED OR RAPTURED – YET! – JUST VERY BUSY

Let me see, where did I leave off – it has been so long ago that my “blogging mind” has become rusty. Oh yes! Now I remember! We are ready for Saturday, August 6th. My how time flies when you are having fun.

Saturday, August 6th – Friday August 12th:

We are back with David and Cecci. And had I known the work that my wife had planned for the Davids, I am not sure I would have willingly returned to Jicamarca. (Just joking – ALMOST!)

Let me see if I can list the work first: Yup! I can! Many of you are acquainted with “Sparky.” But in case you are not I had better inform you. “Sparky” – that’s me – has a famous reputation as an electrician that “sticks” to his work – literally – with the help of 110 volts of electricity pulsating through his hand, while flopping on the floor and watching two adult men laugh!

Anyway one of the projects was to install a new ballast in a florescent light in the Church auditorium. Now they use 220 volts. So I had to do some real thinking (it is hard for me to do). We accomplished that and re-hung it over the platform with the help of some “monkey” tricks to reach the proper roof support from which to hang it. You use your mind about the method. In reality, the electrical work was a teaching project so David would be able to accomplish it by himself when no one was around to help.

Then we began the process of installing lights in his office and the study room, as well as adding a receptacle in the kitchen for their new location for the refrigerator. And I can say, I did not “stick” to my work on this one, for which I am thankful.

At the same time, “Mama D” (my wife as she is affectionately known here in Peru) cracked the whip and so David and I had to install some shelves in the kitchen on which to place the Microwave and to form a top for their dishwasher. This also required the installment of a new receptacle and the extension of one so we could add the other.

I will say, in her defense, Mama D did work too. She was responsible for putting Marine Varnish on the shelves. And she did a good job. Of course, with the assistance of the two “Great Davids” to do it when she did not want to – (I had better be nice or I’ll get it – whatever that is). Anyway between all of us doing what we could, the task was accomplished.

During this time, we also had ministry in Puente Piedra – Communidad Cristiana La Vina with Pastor Guillermo & Lisset Sifuentes and at Iglesia Vida, Jicamarca on Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday as well as preparing many documents and videos to assist David with his ministry. And of course this always involved sharing information at all times on anything that popped into David’s head. “IF” you know him, that means “ANYTHING!” And of course it also involved fellowship with the people of the Church and often many hours of travel into Lima to Sodimac (hardware/lumberyard) to spy out, buy and plan the many projects that David is facing after our departure. (Did I mention: Starbucks also?)

Friday, August 12th - Wednesday, August 17th:
Friday we moved into Lima, to the home of Roger and Magaly Falcon to spend the time until Marilyn departs early Thursday morning, August 18th. Dr. Roger (MD) and Magaly are a special couple who insist that we spend time with them every time we are here. We met them on Marilyn’s first trip to Peru and they interpreted for us on that occasion.

Saturday, the 13th, I had a Universidad Pacto de Vida first year Graduation at Marquez Callao, La Viña Del Señor, Pastor Fabián Santillán. They had 25 graduates and if I remember correctly, more than 5 are pastors of other churches.

Sunday we were at Monterrico, Lima, Nuevas Fuerzas pastored by Agustin & Jessica Ciccia. We had the privilege of installing their second deacon Miguel Vargas and then ordaining his twin, Daniel Vargas to the ministry. He will be assisting the Ciccias. We return there tonight to spend time with the leadership to assist them as they begin their walk together as a team.

Monday, David and Cecci arrived to spend the day with us and to relax. I am not sure we accomplished the “relax” part but we had a good day. Tuesday, Marco Aroni, our Peru coordinator, representative came by so we could make some plans for the upcoming days of travel and to update the college information – it took all day.

So we are now up-to-date in a “fast-forward” style, which some of you appreciate and others enjoy the wanderings of my mind and fingers as they fly over the keyboard in realms unknown before by the operator.

Anyway, tonight we are back at Nuevas Fuerzas (New Strength) and then we rise about 3:00 to take Marilyn to the airport for her return to the US and the “Six-Pack” (Grandkids not drink! Though sometimes when they are having their fun, I think I have been drinking!)

God bless, and thanks for your prayers.

Dr D & Marilyn

No comments: