Friday, August 26, 2011

YOUR REPORTER FROM LIMA, PERU

This has been another of the weeks that fly by like a jet airplane. I am not sure where the time went, but I do know it has been a busy week.

Since I left you, last Sunday evening, David Hodges and I have traveled south to Chincha, about two and one-half by vehicle where weI spent four hours with Pastor Honorato Martinez and his family. He pastors, Templo Apostolico Asambleas de Dios. It is there we established our first extension of Universidad Pacto de Vida. We also assisted in the reconstruction of the Church and his home as a result of the destruction caused by an earthquake. I had the privilege of ordaining his daughter, Maria Ysabel Martinez five years ago. She was our first Life Church pastor in Peru. And I got to see my “God-Child,” the oldest of Martine’s children – Pastor Honorato’s oldest son. So you can see we have some very close relationships with the pastors here in Peru.

While we were there, I asked Pastor Honorato to assist me with some Spanish material in preparation for adding it to our curriculum. He will be listening to teaching, then preparing a “teacher’s outline, and from that prepare the student outline and tests. Also he will be putting together some of his teachings on “Family Groups,” his style cell groups, for use as another course for Pacto de Vida.

I want to be begin placing Peruvian Pastors before the Peruvian people so there can be a “local identification” and cultural thought process to the local culture. I will edit, review and approve all the material then the Peruvian Pastor will teach “our” material as part of the curriculum.

Even though we accumulated five hours of travel, the time spent was invaluable for the Kingdom.

Tuesday and Wednesday, during the day, was a one-to-one teaching time with David Hodges to guide and assist him with techniques, study material, sharing biblical concepts and answering questions.

Tuesday evening was filled with meeting Pastor Jorge (Giorgio) Schiantiarelli, from Mision Cristiana Pan de Vida in Talara. He was in Lima and since I will be ministering in his Church in Talara and also in Negritos next week, he came to begin the relationship and to share with me the plans for our time with him.

Wednesday evening I ministered in Ancon, Comunidad Carismatica Cristiana Cristo Sanador, pastored by Everth Ipanaque. Pastor Everth is legally blind, has an artificial leg, leads worship, pastors two vibrant Churches and is full of joy, bringing excitement to every meeting. He also has Pacto de Vida and will begin the second year this September as well as start a new first year class. (And we feel sorry for ourselves for no reason, trying to find excuses why we cannot become part of the ministry of our local church — WHY?)

Last night, I returned to Iglesia Centro Cristiano De Avivamiento, pastored by Gustavo and Jenny Rodriquez and I will be with them again on Sunday morning. Pastor Gustavo will also become one of the Peruvian Pastors to teach in Pacto de Vida. Because he is fluent in English, he will be taking curriculum I have written and teaching it in Spanish, thus being able to add the Peruvian Cultural flavor.

O yes! On Wednesday, Pastor Gustavo came to share coffee and fellowship. And then on Thursday, Pastor Walter Villajuan from Iglesia Cristiana El Camino in Ancon traveled almost two hours by bus to share personally appreciation from the El Camino churches for our ministry in their convention the first week of August. It was then that a “mystery” was solved. When we arrived at the site of the convention, it was shared with me that this group of churches we Baptist. That was a puzzle to me, because I knew that Pastor Walter was Pentecostal. The truth is out! They are “Baptiscostal!” So, at least I can relax.

And lest I forget, Pastor Walter also has an extension of Pacto de Vida and will be assisting with producing the teacher, student and exams for courses.

The bottom line is this: God is opening doors! The Kingdom is growing! The “Shingles” over the door are not a barrier – to those who love God and His Children!

So thanks for your prayers!

God bless,

Dr D

No comments: