Saturday, May 11, 2013

UKRAINE MINISTRY BLOG 10 - Location: Armyansk - New Life Church

Primary Mission Accomplished!  Delivery of Hermeneutics Course to the Graduate School here in  Armyansk, Ukraine – 8 Hours, Friday and 8 hours today Saturday.  I am tired – well my feet are and my body notices it, but I have a “satisfied” feeling down on the inside.  I did my best and the Holy Spirit took it to another level. 

Face it!  Teaching a course on Hermeneutics with all the principles of interpretation – all the theories – and the history of the study of Hermeneutics through the ages and how it was done from the time of Ezra through  today – well – to say the least – it can be BORING!  But I believe I hit my goal. 

Come on now, ask: “What was your goal?”

Thanks for asking, now I can tell you!  To present all the technical information in a way that would make it practical and easy to apply as a leader and a teacher of the people of God and still avoid the ‘scholarly bondage that can easily go with such a course.  These needed to know how to interpret the Word from a Biblical position and then be able to apply it to the lives of those whom they served.  That was my goal and I believe I did that!

But!!!!  Not without the able and great assistance of my interpreter and Ukrainian secretary, Oksana
Zelenivska.  Thank you “Kiddo!”

Now to unwind, and get the direction of the Holy Spirit for the Word for Sunday morning.  Then to eat dinner and make the journey from Armyansk south and west to the village of Olenivka and the resort, “Equator” to meet Marilyn, Jason and Karina and prepare for the arrival of about 90 who will be attending this years Pastors Retreat from here in Ukraine.

All because of the generosity and dedication to the Work of God in Ukraine by the owners of the resort who desire to give back to the Pastors of Ukraine for their dedication to God.

THANK YOU OWNERS OF EQUATOR!!!  MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND MULTIPLY YOUR INVESTMENT IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD - UKRAINE!!!

So until you read more (I would like to report on what Marilyn is doing, but since she is not with me I cannot.)

With our love and thanks,

Dr D, Marilyn, Jason and Karina

No comments: