Monday, May 20, 2013

UKRAINE MINISTRY BLOG 13 - LOCATION: Olenivka - Equator & Alushta - Center of Restoration


Rudenkos - Dr D -Gudymas
A few days have passed but they have been busy.  Ministry NEVER ceases when you are overseas.  Everyone you see is another opportunity to pour into their Vessel!  And I LIKE doing that!

Marilyn and Jason have departed and should be landing in the US about 4:30 your time.

My time has been used in catching up on some “ministry records” (so I do not preach/teach the same thing the next time I come) and preparing for future engagements. 

Sunday my hosts here at the Equator Resort, Roma and Tanya Gudyma and their son, Oleg, transported me along with Oksana (my secretary/interpreter) to Alushta and Center of Restoration Church.  It is a 3-4 hour journey and weather complications from fog made it even more difficult for the first couple of hours.  But by God’s grace we made it safely.

It is interesting how a schedule can grow from one day to the next.  I discovered on Saturday they were expecting me to minister two times on Sunday – the first at 10:00 AM and the second at 4:00 PM – and my calendar only had the first.  But, how can you say “No” to hungry hearts and needy people?   Not me!  But I suggested we do the second about 30 minutes after the first because it would free up the people and they would stay for the second whereas to return later we probably would not have as many.  Plus that would make it easier for us to return back to Olenivka – village of the Equator Resort.

WOW!  Did we ever have a service.  There was such a sweet presence of the Holy Spirit minister during the worship.  I stepped to the pastor and requested permission to “take the service”.  He allowed me and the Holy Spirit ministered to the people, including Pastor Ruslan Rudenko and his wife, Barbara. 

Center of Restoration is a small church, and they have been through a “revolving door” of pastoral leadership in the past 3 years.  Pastor Ruslan has only been there for one year, in fact he accepted the responsibility after last years Pastors Retreat.  God permitted me to step in and accept a spiritual relationship with the Rudenkos – as a “Spiritual Father” to them and their Church.  The response from those present was resoundingly in favor and I believe our relationship will bring stability into the life of the Church and those who have gone through the trauma caused by the changing of “Shepherds.”

Two messages, 30 minutes apart followed by 30-45 minutes of prayer for 90% of those present.  And God manifested Himself as was attested by the testimonies of many for whom we prayed and we are expecting more testimonies to come from others in the coming days.

I sum it up with the words from the Gudyma’s: “We were blessed!  It was a good day!”

I was asked this question by my hosts: “Why are so many pastors who came to the retreat hurting so much?” 
I could only say: “God knows and he sent you and your partners with a heart of compassion to extend the love of God to the pastors of Ukraine who are hurting.  I thank God for you and your partners for responding to the leading of God to offer Equator as a place of rest and restoration to the leaders of churches here in Ukraine for three days and giving me the honor of ministering to them.”

If I could only say in printed words the sound of compassion that came from that question, you would “weep!”

God bless and thanks for sending us!

Dr D and Marilyn

No comments: