Sunday, May 12, 2013

UKRAINE MINISTRY BLOG 11 - LOCATION: Olenivka - Equator - Pastors Retreat

Well here I am again.  Marilyn has joined me along with Jason Edouard and Karina Kudin.  So the family is back together.  And the attendees are beginning to arrive already.  In fact, the registration already exceeds last year’s – but they have not all arrived and as always there will be some who inform us at the last minute they will not be able to come.  So to go to the “history lesson” of today – that is what happened.

We had a excellent worship time and well, the preacher was not all that bad, but God came on the scene.  There were so many hands raised for prayer, there was no way I could last long enough to lay hands on all of them.  And since my assignment from heaven this trip is to lead the people into laying hands on people and believing God to heal.

So I followed the pattern I have been doing in every church to this point.  I noticed a man down to my left who with his cane shuffled over to a couple nearest him and they laid hands on one another.  My eyes and mind were focused on the prayer and watching the flow of the Spirit.  So I did not notice what happened.  But at the conclusion of the service the pastor came over and informed me of the healing that had taken place to the man with the cane.  He had given it away and was not walking without a limp.  He came over to me and we conversed (that means “talked”).  That is him in the picture with this blog.

God had spoken to me about the following areas in lives of people He was going to speak to in this service: depression, lack, oppression, sickness, addiction -mentally and physically, rejection and paralyzing fear.

I cannot remember all the testimonies from people who just walked by and indicated God had brought healing to them. Thank You Jesus!  I will anxiously await the follow-up testimonies.

Hey everyone, this is Jason. I interrupted Dr. D to share my experience in Ukraine thus far! After 40 hours of travel, I finally arrived in Simferopol where I met Mama D, Pastor Yuri and Karina, my interpreter for the weekend. We visited a church by the name of, “School of Christ”, and got to participate in their mid-week worship service, morning prayer, connect group and Sunday morning service. These people are on fire for God! Though I don’t understand Russian, the way this church prays and pursues God ignites great faith in me.

At the connect group, we sang worship songs, prayed and took communion. The church then began asking Mama D and I questions about Life Church, and asked us to give an honest evaluation of their church and wisdom that would help them better serve Christ. As Mama D was, “dropping pearls of wisdom”, I was amazed at their hunger to learn and their passion to reach the lost in their community.
                           
Sunday morning we visited their main worship service. The service begins at 10 am, but I found it interesting that the worship team does not wait until 10 am to begin worship. At 10am the ushers open the door to the sanctuary where the congregation enters into an atmosphere that is already full of worship. This is the first time I’ve seen such an approach to worship, but I like it!

After worship, Pastor Yuri invited me up to preach. There is not many things I enjoy more than preaching the word of God to His people! If you know me, you know I usually preach with a deep theological approach, (I think I learned this from Dr. D haha). As I was preparing the message, God impressed upon my heart very simple truths to share. Nothing deep, no great new revelation, just very simple truths about who God is, and what he has done for us. I have got to mention that it was the first time my interpreter, Karina, interpreted  a full sermon, but she did great!

After preaching, I invited people to receive prayer for healing and many people came to the altar and were prayed for. God did many great things in that service, and I am believing many great things are yet to come!

God bless and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D, Marilyn, Jason and Karina

No comments: