Saturday, May 18, 2013

UKRAINE MINISTRY BLOG 12 - LOCATION: Olenivka - Equator - Pastors Retreat

BUSY THREE DAYS!  TIRED!  BUT WITH A HAPPY FEELING INSIDE!

Yup! That is the way it was and what I am left with.  It was amazing how the Holy Spirit coordinated the retreat again this year.  I struggled with direction for all of the events, but He was never late – although I almost panicked – better be honest – Correct?

It was another year of increased attendance with new faces as well as some that have been here for all four years.  I will never cease to be amazed at how the Holy Spirit applies the Word to the hearts and lives of His people in ways I would never consider.  And so I sit here to attempt to re-construct something for you to read but I am not sure I can.  (As you can no doubt notice by the “rambling words.”)

Suffice it to be said: “Only the hugs, tears and invitations to come to their city” can explain the emotions and appreciation for the time together with fellow Pastors and Church Leaders.  AND for their appreciation for the owners of Equator for opening their doors and hearts to minister to the Churches of Ukraine with a beautiful place to come for a retreat, coupled with good food and hospitality that is SUPERIOR!

Emotional? Yes!  Exciting - words fail!

One story: A pastor who was also in the Grad School Class in Armyansk and who lives close brought his  six day old son and requested that we would dedicate him to the Lord on Wednesday evening.  And then prior to the service asked if he could call a lady from one of his cell groups and have them bring her at 9:00 PM for special prayer.  She “heard” (I put that in quotes because I am not sure “how” she “heard”) about a service where the sick were being prayed for.  There was no advertising locally of anything, but she “heard” and she came.  She had a tumor in her female organs.  As we were praying, she bent backwards and began to shake.  I spoke “peace” to her and gave her some instructions.  After praying again, I asked her if she could notice any difference.  She said, “I felt something lifting me up and bending back as though something was being taken away.”  We await further testimony, but it was evident God was working in her as well as others during the prayer.

The final service was again a “break-through time” and brought to a conclusion of our time together but you could see a “break-through- beginning” for them as God moved upon us.

Marilyn and Jason have departed for Kiev and their return on Monday to the US.  Karina Kudin is on her way back to Khmelnitskiy.  Oksana and I are here, preparing or a journey to Alushta tomorrow for two services – one more than I had on my calendar.  We will return to Olenivka and the Equator Sunday late and rest for two days and then on to our next assignment (which has also added an additional two more services to the schedule.)

But the need is great and while here I want to pour out what God has for His Servants here in Ukraine.  I see it as is stated in Nehemiah 8:10 (MSG):  He continued, "Go home and prepare a feast, holiday food and drink; and share it with those who don't have anything: This day is holy to God. Don't feel bad. The joy of GOD is your strength!"  This is a “holy day” and I want to share the “fat and drink the sweet” and give to those who do not have from what God has blessed me.

Thank you for your prayers and support....

Dr D & Marilyn - Jason Edouard and Karina Kudin

No comments: