Saturday, May 21, 2011

FRIDAY - FIRST FULL DAY OF LEADERSHIP CONVENTION

It is good to be back in my room with the warm feelings of a successful day. I had two session of teaching today. The first was from 11-2 with a quick meal with those who are called “Pastors, or elders” – the are key leaders in Dawn of Life.

Then we changed locations and went to the Youth Club – a facility across the street from their new Church building – where they are remodeling a former sewing factory to establish a youth center for drawing youth from the area and presenting the Gospel to them. Right now it is still under construction and because it is really on the basement level, it is very cool and damp. But when the room is filled with leaders from all ministries it warms up quite nice. Here we spent two hours.

The over-all theme I am presenting deals with “Leaders - Eat What You Serve” and each session deals with a different aspect of leadership. Today the specific topics were: Pastors, Patterns, Priests.

The evening session speaker was the pastor, Valentyna Melnyk. She started the Church 20 years ago and it has grown to about 600 and possess a solid foundation with excellent teaching and a great spirit.

They, the leaders, did not expect me to attend the evening service, but I wanted to do more than just speak and disappear, so I went. The message was great. She challenged them to return to their original fire and zeal as in the early years of the church. The concluding worship–prayer time was rich. I am glad I went.

However, because of the length of time for the session tomorrow afternoon and having to have someone interpret it for me, I will remain in my room and be prepared to minister the Word and comply with their request to pray for all the leaders. Now that is a challenge. I expect more than 100 people to be there. If I only spend one minute per person, it will be a long evening and require the strengthen of the Lord.

So while you enjoy you day, remember me in prayer.

Love,
Dr D

No comments: