Sunday, May 8, 2011

UKRAINE STAGE ONE COMPLETED!

I better go back to Saturday evening and bring you up-to-date!

Saturday Evening:

Marilyn was kept very busy after sharing on raising children by people who cornered here and asked personal questions. She again, did a great job! I mean, I have come to expect nothing less!

I finished the evening speaking to the youth. I discovered they had been told I was going to speak about dating, courtship and marriage. Guess what? I didn’t! God took me another direction – well figure it out from the title: Is This The Last Generation?

I cannot tell you if the speaker was good, but it sure was quiet and I had all eyes focused on me – or was it the interpreter? Anyway, I know I hit the bulls eye! How? When I got ready to print out the scriptures in Russian, I opened the computer program I use and each time it opens with a devotional thought in all scripture. The date: 5/7/11 and all the scriptures were in relationship to the end times. The date is significant: 5 is the number of grace; 7 is the number of completion; and 11 represents the 11th hour. So what do you think?

We went home and guess what! There is a lady who does nails. She requested the privilege to do Marilyn’s at the church. But then she said she wanted to come to the apartment where we are staying to do Oxsana’s nails and to also give both ladies a facial and a pedicure. But the BIG thing happened after she got there. She then said she wanted to do my nails. Well, I found enough manly control and power to allow her to do my nails, but NO POLISH! Not even a clear protector! NO WAY HOSEA! (Ops! Sorry Hosea - no slam intended – just protecting myself.)

SUNDAY:
A great service with worship team – and a very very active group – and even excellent group. It was Mother’s Day – almost a new custom for Ukraine because they have not been celebrating it as such except in the last few years – but being a guest speaker and not having been forewarned, I skirted it and let go with the Word God gave me for the Church.

They are going through some troubled waters at this time. Some leaders were caught stealing from the offering and subsequently dismissed from the Church. One man is threatening to take them to court; to tell the TV/Radio how crooked they are; and to bring in the government tax people to investigate them. It goes on from here. But they have video of the action of those who stole, however the man was not in the picture though it is known he was the one behind the theft.

So the message God had given me before I arrived was agin on target and I was able to point them through the Word to their way of deliverance from the attacks of the devil.

We ate lunch, went upstairs here at the Church to change clothes and rest from 3:00 to 11:00 PM. But just as I got into my travel clothes my cell rang. The pastor was requesting Marilyn and I to come to his office, there was a problem and they wanted our assistance with it. I cannot go into the problem, but we spent from then until 8:00 dealing with the family involved and then with the pastor on how he should handle the situation from his position.

The stress was that we were given permission to meet with the family alone, using our own interpreter and then only report to him the end result and give out advice on how to proceed. WOW! I wish I could say it was all “healed.” But there will be a separation. We were able to challenge both parties and instruct them in the Biblical way for each to go forth. Time will tell if our advice was heeded, but it was welcomed from both sides.

Now we have about three hours before we head out to the train and travel to Simferopol, Crimea, Ukraine to be met by our hosts of the Equator Resort and a two hour bus ride to the hotel on the Northwest of Crimea, right on the Black Sea.

Keep us in prayer, because I know there will be other strategic sessions while we are there.

God bless,
Marilyn and Dr D

No comments: