Sunday, May 29, 2011

THURSDAY 26TH & FRIDAY 27TH OF MAY

There are some days of almost no activity – ministry time – and then there are those who are full. So on the slow days provide the opportunity to catch up on some reading some books and putting together some more courses for the university. And so that was Thursday all day – except for a trip to get some relief from the cramp in my right calf muscle, which had not completely released itself. So with the help of some electro-stimulation therapy and a massage of my legs I was able to finally get some relief.

Friday, due to a an early rising – the sun sets about 9:30 PM and rises at 4:30 AM – I read one book and started the second, then met with Pastor Dmitry Nemchenko and discussed the recent developments in Word of Life since my last visit and prepared for the evening Communion Service.

They have communion one Friday each month in order to bring all the people of the congregation together. Here as it was in Khmelnitsky, the BIG day for those who work in the market is Sunday until 3:00 PM. Therefore those who have to work at the market are not able to attend the Sunday morning service. These attend a cell group but to facilitate and maintain the vital relationships between the people as well with the Church, they celebrate the Lord’s Supper together in this fashion.

The day culminated with a trip to the local Turkish operated pizza parlor. For you who have never been to Ukraine and had there pizza, there is no way to describe the difference. But “Ephesus” (the name of the pizza parlor) has the closest thing to US pizza. So we always get there at least once. Their lentel soup is delicious and the salads are always fresh – they cut them up just before they bring it to you. And to make you htink you are in the US, add a Coke to the menu. AND, “IF” you stomach makes it through the night without a “civil war” you consider it a worthy investment. I did not have a “civil war” and so it was a good investment, although, it was 11:30 pm by the time we got back to the apartment.

Then, leave it up to a bad thought from me, I suggested I show my hosts my “mini-projector”. And since I have not seen any of the Miami - Chicago games, Tolik (Oksana’s husband, she is my Ukraine secretary - interpreter) suggested we watch the latest, which he promptly downloaded and we watched it in Russian on the ‘BIG SCREEN” – wall style. But at half-time I “crashed” – it was enough!

That sounds like a “word in due season” - this is enough for now.

Thanks for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: