Monday, May 23, 2011

KHEMELNITSKY MINISTRY COMES TO AN END

It is always a good feeling and yet sad and sometimes hard to be able to leave a place where you have poured out your heart and your heart has been warmed by God’s people. At least I have a day and one-half before I leave the city. This gives me time to reflect on what God has done while I am here.

Two great services. The morning service is really the vast portion of the people. The government threw them out of the building they had been using for years. The new Ukraine government is not favorable to Churches using government buildings. As a result they have had to find another facility while they do the necessary re-construction of the interrior of the build they purchased in the last year.

They are now meeting in the House of Culture. It is a three layered drama production facility. The main floor and two balconies that go completely around three sides. It is not large enough for their needs. But they are making the best of it for now. In fact, one week ago the landlord of their office complex doubled their rent and they were forced to move out of a large complex into a small three room flat.

Anyway, back to the events of Sunday. They also have a second service at 2:30 for those who work in the public market. Sunday is the best day for business in the market and those who make their living selling in the market find it necessary to be there to be able to have business enough to sustain them. So the Church provides a service for those people. Approximately 75-80 were in this service.

So after the 10:00 service, which ended about 12:30, I had time to enjoy a Ukrainian Pizza. I must say it was the best tasting Ukrainian Pizza I have had in a restaurant. Rostic Kudin, the associate pastor, was my host and I could tell from his suggestions to eat sushi, what his choice was. I am not real fond of eating sushi in Ukraine but I said, lets go. We did and I was rewarded with the pizza – and “WiFi”! So I got to Skype Marilyn and catch up on the news from home and to pick up my office emails. Fabulous!

I am now home – my room here – and getting over the scare of having lost my cell phone – my travel cell phone. It is the means by which I get my emails from AOL. I was able to “get over it” because Rostic found it. It had slipped out of my pocket in Rostics car prior to my getting back here. WHEW!

Well you will have at least one day to rest from reading these epistles, maybe (do not get too happy) since I will be moving to Chernivtsi on Tuesday.

God bless and THANKS for the support via prayer,

Dr D

No comments: