Thursday, April 16, 2009

THE DAY GOES TOO FAST AND THE TIME COMES TO CHANGE LOCATIONS

The time has come to move on to the next place of ministry. Yet, as I contemplate the need, I would like to stay longer. The lack of a proper foundation has created greatly to the difficulties the pastors face here. They and their predecessors had a burden, but somewhere, someone missed the most important facet of building – a foundation. Many, many are built on the “sands of man” and they do not stand the test. Tonight I see that so clearly!

I concluded the final service here at Evangelistic Faith, pastored by Volodia Barilo and his wife Lena. They are great people. I have yet to see a couple with so much desire and love for God and a servant’s heart – a heart that is open to instruction. It is easy to enjoy spending time with them and speaking into their lives. And as I finished teaching this evening on the Passover Table, I listened to the comments shared with me by the people as they departed. Not so much on tonight’s topic, but about what they have gleaned during the last few days that I have been with them. You could see things beginning to click and fall into place.

It is my prayer that the continual under-current that has existed here will be squelched and the stalemate that has hoovered over the Body of Believers for the past four or five years will come to an end. If only God’s people could see what happens when the ripples of leadership failure reach unbelievable distances and people! The fallout is staggering! The rumors, the falsehoods, the speculations that reverberate through the churches cause damage and spiritual stagnation.

But – I must pack and be prepared to leave at 7:00 for a two hour plus or minus drive to Armyansk and teach their college students for two days.

God bless and thanks for your prayers,

Dr D

No comments: