Friday, April 17, 2009

TWO HOURS TRAVEL+FIVE HOURS TEACHING+ONE HOUR PREACHING = ONE DAY

That sums up my day – almost! Couple that with only two-three hours sleep and you have another day in the apostolic ministry. Up at 6:00, in the car by 7:15 and then a sleepy ride for two hours to Armyansk.

The preaching was not part of the original schedule. But when asked at 4:30 if you would speak at their Easter Fasting Week Service – what to do you say? “Yes!” So I had the opportunity to lay down for 45 minutes then head back to the Church for their service. It was a good service. The people are responsive. The pastor said he was pleased, not only by words but facial expression backed up by his response during the message.

Now I’ve got to get back to lesson preparation. I must complete the PowerPoint part of my teaching by adding the scriptures for the next two lectures (at least) and also to change the color of the fonts. I got by today with white fonts and a blue back ground but as the light changed from the morning sun to the afternoon sun it all began to fade on the wall. Now that would be easy if it were not for the fact that we just updated our Microsoft Word program and I am having a difficult time finding the controls for change the fonts. But before I go to bed – whatever time that will be – I WILL have accomplished that feat.

Oksana and I are staying in the three room flat of one of the elderly ladies of the Church approximately five long blocks from the Church. And tonight because the pastor had a meeting with his staff after the service we were privileged to be able to walk that distance carrying my heavy attache case with my microphone system, cameras, Bible and several other important “gadgets.” I made it! It was good for my legs – I think! I can feel every muscle in my legs from the last several days of sight-seeing here in Crimea.

Well, that is about all for today....

God bless,

Dr D

No comments: