Sunday, April 5, 2009

SUNDAY: BUSY BUT GREAT

The clock said it was time to get up and your body said, “No!” But it was time to get up and get moving. I had to finalize the messages for today and print them. And since the ladies may want in shower, I had better get there first and get out quickly, even though it was not yet 7:00 A.M.

My assignment was to minister at Rhema Church, the Church where we are staying, at 11:00. Then I was to be driven to Christ Is The Savior Church in Donetsk – about 45 minutes distance for their 5:00 P.M. service.

Marilyn and Tammy were to go back to Rock of Salvation in Enakievo for their service which was scheduled for 1:00 P.M., though they departed at 11:30. Peggy and Colleen were the speakers for the Ladies session here at Rhema Church in Makeevka at 2:00.

Listen to them express their events:

Colleen opened the meeting with a talk on the triune being (Spirit, Soul, Body) and it’s function. Afterwards Peggy shared speaking to women about the importance of submission and obedience and through her testimony they were able to identify with what she was saying which created a connection between her and the women. There was a time of ministry for those who wanted prayer. In total there were about 15 women ministered to.

Peggy and Colleen

Short! Can you Imagine! These two have never been short on words, but again when one of your husbands is hooked on John Wayne and sends the worst of the crop for you to watch when you can’t sleep so you watch until 4:00 A.M. what else do you expect? Seriously, it is true, but the time change got hold of them.

Here is the spokesperson for the other ladies:

One thing Tammy and I both forgot to tell you yesterday was about our hour drive to the Church. It is impossible to describe the roads at any rate, but when they have cut what appears to be big square pot holes all over the highway (in anticipation of repair) and the driver keeps trying to dodge them it makes for a harrowing drive. Both Peggy and Tammy were sick and DID NOT want to make the trip back today where I was to speak. I had already asked Colleen to be here for the ladies meeting with the anticipation that one of the gals would stay with her and the other one go with me.

Tammy willingly came with me and was such a blessing as she shared her testimony which is one so many people here can identify with.

When we came on this trip, although my husband is here and having ministry, we had purposed this trip was about the team and their ministry. It is a very hard concept for the Ukranians to understand and as always they would like everything to revolve around him. Our driver has taken it upon herself to orchestrate things for us and before service she was speaking with the pastor and somehow I got wind that she was letting him know what time we had to leave so we could pick up Dr. D. and we could get to her Church. I know you might find this somewhat a surprise, but I quickly let everyone know we were there, in that Church and with the Pastor until everything was completed. She might not have been to happy but the Pastor was very happy as he wanted us to come to his home and have “relationship” which he said was very important. To him and to me.

Tammy was a little chagrined that this same gal, who wanted us to finish at a certain time had taken it upon herself to arrange to sing two songs and give her testimony.

I was able to share the Word and encourage the people. They are facing some of the same things we are in the States - bad economy, people losing jobs and homes. They have faced a financial situation in the Church as well. They are remodeling their building and have found out they have to have permits, permissions and inspections and money they thought would provide them gas lines and heat has to be used for these legal things. They were taking a special offering and were thrilled it was the biggest offering they had ever received. About $60 and later when Tammy and I were talking we realized she and I had put in 5/6 of it. They were certainly blessed by an offering that broke the record of what they previously received.

We also had some one come to Christ and when I had finished praying for her asked for those who could identify with some part of the message and desired prayer to stand - everyone stood and there was a sincere and earnest prayer. As soon as I finished the Pastor stepped up and said they were having communion and for me to do it. This gives a whole new feeling for being “instant in season.” The only problem I had was when I took the cup – it wasn’t juice and the surprise was written all over my face as the interpreter was watching me.

We went to the Pastor’s apartment for a wonderful dinner his wife had prepared for us. It was a precious time and the Pastor assured us that here is always an open door for us and to please, please come again. This was the first time they had ever had something for their women and they were encouraged that something was going to grow from it.

Thanks so much for your continued prayers. Marilyn

.........Now I continue....as Marilyn calls about 3:45 and informs me that they will not be able to return in time for our driver to take me to my evening engagement which I thought was at 5:30, the same time as last October. She quickly returns to the air with another announcement, I must take a taxi and get there ASAP because the service is at 5:00. I made a call to our driver and put her on the phone with the Luda Gorbachev, the pastor’s wife here at Rhema so she could get the information to tell the taxi driver where to take me because I will be without anyone to translate for me.

Shortly they inform me that they are going to drive me there. What a relief! They do and I arrive late – 5-10 minutes to be greeted by the Pastor and his wife waiting at the gate. I walk in and the sound of a trained choir greets me. I sit down to wait for what I figure will be 45 minutes but only to hear, “You are next after the choir.” Thank God they sang three more songs, and where they lovely. I only wish I understood all the words.

If you want to know how the service was, call and ask Pastor Alexandar Zaystev. But I will tell you one thing - I had a struggle because of the interpreter. He is young and really inexperienced and therefore created a dynamic I wish had been avoided for the sake of better communication. His mother-in-law-to-be is our driver and she thinks he is wonderful – for her daughter yes, for me, NO! But that goes with the territory. I will say he is good interpreting Russian to English for me, but not an English to Russian sermon.

Marilyn, Tammy and Natasha, our driver, meet me about 7:15 at the Church. Wen they finished their service, supper and fellowship it allowed them time to do some grocery shopping and then be at the Church in time to pick me up. It saved a long trip for both.

We arrived back at Rhema Church and our quarters to find Peggy and Colleen chowing down on salsa and chips, after having chicken, mashed potatoes, soup, salad, and who knows what else – and who cares because they were having a great time.

I finally checked out on the “catch-me-up-on-what-happened-to-you-today-gab-fest” and retired to work on this only to have to give up the computer for the ladies to put in their thoughts.

O well, tomorrow is another day and I need to hit the sack and get some sleep because my assignment tomorrow is to speak on the subject: The Church and the Jewish People. If you have any material send it quick!

God bless,
Dr D and The Ladies

No comments: