Tuesday, April 14, 2009

A DAY OF REST? AGAIN?

I hoped against hope when I went to bed last night that today, Tuesday, would be a day of rest. But guess what? At 7:50 a.m. a knock on my door and the voice told me that I needed to be ready by 8:30 to leave for Sevastopol.

So—off we go into the wild blue yonder – hold everything! That’s not the song for this! We went off into the hills and valleys toward the port city of Sevastopol. The city was originally founded around 7 BC. (that’s before Christ). We viewed the ruins of the original city then ventured down to the “Dukes’ Docks” – that’s where the rich people docked their boats in the early days.

Sevastopol is and has been a very important city because of its harbor and the boat construction and refurbishing that has been in is history from the very beginning. During WW II it was under constant attack for over nine months before the Nazi army was driven back. (I hope I’ve got everything straight because I heard about the battle during WWI here also and much of it was similar in length of battle.) Anyway you can get the picture of the struggle that took place here. If I remember correctly, very few homes or buildings remained in tact after the battle. Only a few thousand people survived.

We had a quick “tour lunch out of the rear of the van” and completed our day by visiting the aquarium in the harbor.

Back home we went and arrived around 5:00 p.m. A quick meal and then to work but only to discover that something has happened to my AOL email system. So “IF” you get this, be glad because I have had to copy my emails while remaining online because they have not been downloading automatically. The address of who sent it is there but the content is missing. Then I discovered that the full disc that I used to have on my hard drive is missing. Wh? Because I had to replace the hard drive and I must have forgotten that I needed to maintain an original disc copy on my computer in case I needed to reinstall. I do! I don’t! So........

Tomorrow I am to go with Pastor Barilo to visit his former pastor who lost his ministry and family. The goal is to at least bring him back to Christ. Your prayers will be appreciated.

Keep on praying for Inna!

God bless,

Dr D

No comments: