Sunday, April 5, 2009

A FULL AND BLESSED DAY OF MINISTRY

We ministered at a small gathering of women this morning in Enakievo at Rock of Salvation Church. This was the first women’s meeting the church has ever had and the Pastor’s wife, Liana Malyshev, was very excited to have us come and minister. They opened with praise and worship and fortunate for us they sang songs we were familiar with and so we were able to enter in using English!! Marilyn spoke on removing our grave clothes and letting go of the things that are in our past that we hold on to. I shared about fulfilling the call God has placed in your life, Peggy shared about submission, and Colleen closed by sharing about the importance of forgiveness. I think the women were truly blessed with the words brought. We took a short lunch break - Russian food - uhhh not much else to say about that!! Then after lunch we broke into 2 groups and had one on one prayer time with the ladies that were there. It was a really blessed time with these ladies who shared their hurts and concerns. We were able to pray for them and encourage them.

There was a woman there that asked for prayer. He husband recently lost his job and started drinking heavily and then she was fired a couple of weeks later. The bank says they have 3 days to come up with their house payment. The economic problems we are facing in the US are happening all over the world. We cried with her and prayed for. It is very hard - I would love to fix all her hurts but I know that only God can do that. The prayer time was a very special time. I have to admit that this trip is stretching me in many ways and God is doing a work in me through ministering to others and I am so thankful that Dr D and Marilyn invited me to come - this is a life changing trip for me!!

Tammy

This is Marilyn and I am just so thankful for the team God put together and their willingness to be stretched and used. Both last night and today they did an awesome job and spoke to the heart of issues and ministered to the people. They shared with boldness and confidence but most importantly with the anointing of the Holy Spirit – with out His workings in our lives and through us all of our words would be for naught.

We have a gal who is driving for us and she has been ministered to. She told us at supper that she expected to have to listen to the same things over and over again – and she has been surprised and touched to hear a fresh word that has touched her life. If for no other reason - this trip would be a success. PTL!

And I am Dr D! I stayed in our “Home Away From Home” and worked. So pat me on the back! (It hurts and I think that the “pats” would make it feel better.)

God bless until you hear from us in our next blog!

Dr D and the Ladies

P.S. Please forgive me for the delay in getting the first blog posted. We had communication problems. It is fixed and so we are “blogged”!

No comments: