Monday, April 27, 2009

TRAVEL: KHMELNITSKY TO KIEV

I am here! Where? Kiev! I am sitting at the table in the apartment of Svetlana Pokhodina about 30 minutes from the Kiev airport – KBP. I had a good but yet tiring train ride from Khmelnitsky after a three hour excursion from Chernvitsi.

And I learned something (Do not say anything – you can teach an old dog new tricks!) I wanted to purchase the three seats in a three seat coupe. Instead the girl did not listen and sold me three seats in a six seat coupe. That means that there could be at least three others in the compartment with me.

Now on an “express” train that means six seats with three facing three. I have to purchase more than one seat because of the amount of luggage. Today I could have made it easily with just two, but the third was the middle seat on the opposite side and it allowed me to take my shoes off and stretch across the isle thus relieving the cramped feeling when the person across from you fights with you for the floor space you share. (My feet do not stink!)

Anyway, all of this after an early start to complete some last minute video and audio work as well as leave Oksana material to translate.

We arrived a few minutes late for some reason. I was made aware of it because we stopped for about 10 minutes just outside Kiev. We probably has to wait for clearance to approach the terminal. We did and Eugene Taits, the Dean of International Institute of Theology - Zoe (Covenant Life University in Ukraine) met me and transported me across Kiev to where I now sit. That is after a stop at McDonald’s for a Big And Tasty with large fries and a Diet Coke. I had not had supper and it was now around 22:15 (10:15 PM for you twelve hour clock people.)

The next two days my priority will be ministry to Inna Uruymagov and her husband, Vadiim. She is the pastor’s wife who was diagnosed one year ago with breast cancer. Surgery was not a reality and besides that Inna wanted to stand on her faith. So pray and believe God with us for her deliverance.

Oh yes! For you who may be up to-date on all the blogs, I was able to confirm by flight on Thursday at 17:30 with an all night hang-out in the Amsterdam airport and then an 8:10 departure, arriving in Detroit at 10:30 and a 1:39 lift-off and a 4:27 pm landing RSW - Ft. Myers.

Thanks, and continue to pray with me.

Dr D

No comments: